With our Pelixar SAR drone technology we have conducted a simulated water rescue operation at the guarded sea bathing area of the city of Bansin.
At the demonstration there were representatives of:
- district and local emergency medical services,
- DRC rescue district,
- local volunteer fire brigade,
- local Wasserwacht,
- local authorities.
We have demonstrated some of the drone functionalities:
- flight with a rolled rescue buoy rope,
- passing the rescue buoy on the water,
- direct pass of a rescue buoy to the survivor,
- drop of a pneumatic rescue buoy,
- release of the tow line from the drone,
- rupture of tow line “safety”,
- simulation of towing an aggressive drowning person.
The lifeguard simulating a drowning man did:
- jerking the rescue buoy and the tow,
- resist towing,
- used legs on shallower water to increase resisting,
- blocking of the drone until the security of the foyer raptured, remaining with the safety buoy in his hands.